Sunday, June 3, 2007

Chaddie Pot Pie

We were able to go visit one of my favorite little toots yesterday. "Baby Chad" as he is refferred to in our home was one of Jake's "mentors" at CHOP. He was in the hospital with the same diagnosis for 11ish months and he taught Jake everything he knew. Kelli and Mike became our sanity at the hospital until they were rude enough to be discharged. What was THAT about?

Chad has done WONDERS since being home. He is now fourteen and a half months and livin it up. He has his parents wrapped around his little finger. I'll be honest...he snagged me too the second I got there. He says "Mom" and we witnessed his newest word "Popop." You don't have to work very hard to get him to laugh. I wasn't sure if he was laughing with me or just flat out laughing at me and thinking, "This lady has issues." He has a crush on Lexi Lou and she loved being back with Kelli and Mike. She remembered them immediately. When we told Lex it was time to go she decided she just wanted to live there.

We were so grateful to have been able to visit and can't wait to go back. My only suggestion...don't bring a bubble machine...it scares the crap out of him.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I was a little weirded out when I first glanced at this. I didn't know you were in the habit of calling my brother your "favorite little toot"...